Monday, June 20, 2016

Reflective Post



I really enjoyed taking this class, and it is one that I will never forget. Working with technology is not an easy think to do, especially when every day something is changing. I really had no idea that there was this many different websites and applications that you could use to help you create blog posts or projects. At first I felt a little intimated because I have never really used technology to created portfolios or blogs but the videos that were linked to each module really helped me understand what I had to do.

One of my favorite parts about this class was actually doing the Collaborative Lesson Plan. I worked with such an amazing group and we were really able to get things done in such a timely matter. The whole idea was being able to create a lesson plan and all put in effort to perfect it and I loved hearing my group members really help each other and put in their opinion. Looking on ideas for the lesson plan was a bit tricky but after we started it was easy going from there.

The textbook was a really great resource and was really easy to understand, but my favorite was actually working throughout the different modules. Everything was so well put together that failing a project/discussion post was almost impossible. I would defiantly suggest everyone take this class, even if they aren’t going to be a teacher. Everything I learned in this class will be extremely helpful towards my teaching career. There is nothing that I would change about this class if I were to take it over again.

I think my favorite website I used was Weebly.com. This is one website that I will for sure use for my classroom. Actually my stepmom uses this website for her business and she loves it also. It was a little difficult at first but as soon as I got the hang of it I really enjoyed using it. Click here to view my Teacher Website!

To finish out my last blog post I would like to include a video that I found that talks about what students think the world would be like without teachers. I’m only two classes away from being in the Bachelors Program and I cant wait to start my career!





Resources:

Heflin, K. (2016, June 20). Ms. Heflins 4th Grade Webpage. Retrieved from http://kheflin.weebly.co

Jubilee Project. (2015, June 20). World without teachers. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/RN3iLeq1828 

Maloy, R. W. (2011). Transforming learning with new technologies(Second ed.). Boston: Pearson/Allyn and Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment